Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your cat.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® r/d® clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's weight management. In fact, r/d is clinically proven nutrition for healthy weight loss in just 8 weeks.
How It Helps
- Helps metabolize fat and maintain lean muscle
- Helps your cat feel full & satisfied
- Supports a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Therapeutic L-carnatine levels
- Optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fiber
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Hill's Prescription Diet® r/d® Feline provides all the nutrition your cat needs during weight loss. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Important Feeding Information
These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on TARGET WEIGHT rather than the current weight. Your cat may need less or more food to safely lose weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure or if you are not feeding this product for weight loss, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your cat's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period. Prescription Diet™ formulas are available in a variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your cat will love. When using with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your cat's condition
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Cat
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|6 lb (2,7 kg)||1/2 cup (45 g)||2/3 cup (60 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||5/8 cup (55 g)||7/8 cup (75 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 cup (60 g)||1 cup (90 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||3/4 cup (65 g)||1 1/8 cups (100 g)|
|14 lb (6,4 kg)||7/8 cup (75 g)||1 1/3 cups (115 g)|
|16 lb (7,3 kg)||1 cup (90 g)||1 1/2 cups (130 g)|
|18 lb (8,2 kg)||1 cup (90 g)||1 5/8 cups (145 g)|
Prescription Diet® r/d® Feline is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Contents
Dry 3018 kcal/kg (265 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin C||125 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||607 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of r/d® Feline contains 3.1 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Lactic Acid, Calcium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Glyceryl Monostearate, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, L-Carnitine, L-Threonine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene