Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet®
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Hill's nutritionist & veterinarians developed Hill's® Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine clinical nutrition to ensure your dog has the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health, while discouraging the formation of crystals, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
How It Helps
- Reduces the risk of non-struvite stone formation
- Supports vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Controlled levels of high quality, highly digestible protein
- Low sodium & calcium
- Promotes desirable urine pH
- Enriched with taurine, L-carnitine & antioxidants
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or "accidents"
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Hill's® Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition dogs need. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy, healthy and active life
Daily Feeding Guide:
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Dog||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (85 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/8 cups (110 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/2 cups (150 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (200 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/2 cups (250 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||3 cups (295 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/3 cups (330 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 3/4 cups (370 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 1/4 cups (420 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||5 cups (495 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® u/d® Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient and Caloric Contents
Dry 4015 kcal/kg (398 kcal/cup†)
|Vitamin E||745 IU/kg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids Total||0.79|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of u/d® Canine contains 3.5 oz. by weight.
Brewers Rice, Corn Starch, Pork Fat, Egg Product, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid , Vitamin D3 Supplement), Dried Beet Pulp, L-Threonine, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene