Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's® Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine
The heart is the most important organ in your pet's body, and factors such as age or weight may affect its function. Poor heart health can affect your dog's life style and happiness.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition to support your dog's heart health.
Hill's® Prescription Diet® h/d® Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs.
How It Helps
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure
- Helps minimize fluid retention
- Helps replenish lost nutrients for dogs receiving diuretics
- Protects vital kidney function
- Supports a healthy immune system
How It Works
- Low sodium
- High levels of L-carnitine & Taurine
- Appropriate levels of protein & phosphorus
- Clinically proven antioxidants
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Daily Feeding Guide:
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food & treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 can|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||3/4 can|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 can|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/4 cans|
|30 lb (14 kg)||1 2/3 cans|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 cans|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 1/3 cans|
|60 lb (27 kg)||2 3/4 cans|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 cans|
|80 lb (36 kg)||3 1/2 cans|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 cans|
|120 lb (54 kg)||4 2/3 cans|
Average Nutrient and Caloric Contents
Canned 482 kcal / 13 oz (370 g) Can
|Nutrient||Dry Matter1 %|
|Carbohydrate / NFE||51.2|
|Vitamin C||101 ppm|
|Vitamin E||804 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Water, Chicken, Pork Liver, Whole Grain Corn, Rice, Chicken Fat, Sugar, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Potassium Citrate, L-Lysine, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, minerals (Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.